February 16, 2007

Back when I was married, my husband made a rude comment about the scent of my hair. I had just been to the hair salon for my annual haircut. The stylist had used some lovely smelling Aveda shampoo and conditioner. I loved the aroma, and whipped my hair around and remarked at least 150 times about how wonderful it was, "Doesn't it smell good? SMELL it!"

"It smells like dog shampoo", was his reply.

So knowing he didn't like it, I immediately bought a gallon of each: shampoo and conditioner. And made sure to wash my hair with them EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Today is the one year anniversary of our divorce, and it just occurred to me to wonder... Did he mean it smelled like dog shampoo BEFORE, or AFTER it touched wet dog fur?

10 Comments:

Blogger Hale McKay said...

He wasn't well versed in compliments, was he?

gAlways lad to hear from you!

And thanks for the birthday wishes for yesterday and next year.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hivy, Happy Anniversary, and who cares what he said or meant anyway.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Karlos said...

Nice guy.

I once offered a woman a bottle of dog shampoo in lieu of a drink. ;-)

Was at my sister's-in-law party and the woman was being a witch, worried that I'd swipe her .750L bottle of rum. I'd bought like 5 gallons of booze for the party (big one) so it kinda pissed me off, so I picked up the bottle of doggie shampoo that was behind me (we set up bar in the garage) and said something snarky like, "perhaps the madam will find this to her liking."

6:26 PM  
Blogger Meow said...

Hahaha ...
Hope you have a great weekend.
Take care, Meow

4:42 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

LOL, I used cats. I know, I know, the PETA people will be after me, but my ex hated cats so I made sure I had as many as I could...got them up to thirty something. The final verdict? He left! ;o)

12:43 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I think you're better off smelling good than reeling from the critique.

5:20 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

I think SOMETHING smelled in this marriage... but after hearing this comment from hubby... I doubt that IT WAS YOUR HAIR (or even you for that matter). ~ jb///

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Marti said...

Happy (belated) Freedom Anniversary! You had me laughing so hard I spewed coffee out my nose! LOL
Still recovering from death and illness here. I have a day home so I am trying to say hello to my Internet friends! Hope all is well with you and you have a wonderful day!

1:01 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I FINALLY remembered to put you in my new b**groll. Now then, when you gonna write somethin'?

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Cheryl said...

You were too kind.
I'd have bought real dog shampoo and swapped it out for the stuff in HIS bottle.
At least you'd know he didn't have fleas.

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home