July 12, 2006

Growing up Ivy

I wasn't a very good babysitter as a teenager. Oh, I wasn't terrible, I mean I didn't eat up all the food, or have a boyfriend (snort, ha ha!) over, or spend the whole night on the phone. No, my biggest problem was my inability to stay awake if the kids weren't. One father while driving me home late at night asked me if I had fallen asleep. This was back before hidden cameras were common, so I was pretty sure he couldn't prove it. But something told me I'd better tell the truth and I did. Then he said, “I was just wondering because you have an imprint of the TV Guide on your face”.

7 Comments:

Blogger Karlos said...

You honest little girl you!

My daughter is getting close to babysitter age/level of responsibility. I don't think she'll have a problem staying awake, but she may have a problem staying off the damned cell phone!

2:58 AM  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

If the kids are asleep, why not you? the parents do it!

4:19 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

That's where the boyfriend would have come in handy Ivy, easier to stay awake then.

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Monique said...

I always felt guilty if I fell asleep, and I never could figure out WHY that made me feel guilty, since of the course the parents sleep when their kids do!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Miss Cellania said...

Oy, I did the same thing one summer when I was babysitting starting at 7AM. My assignment was to get the kids up early, so they would go to sleep on time at night. Did I? No! I napped til 9 or so. But what do you expect for $1.50 an hour?

6:32 AM  
Blogger Al said...

Funny! I did that too. I live in colleyville, where do you live??

8:44 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Was that the one that had Jackie Gleason on the cover? Where he was going.... Oh, you know.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home