March 15, 2006

WWPD*


*What Would Poopie Do?

I am on vacation this week, and since my daughter is away on Spring Break, I thought I'd play around the house. I started off the week by painting my front door on Monday. Ah, but first I had to strip off the old dark, dark brown color that has been there since the beginning of time. I didn't realize there were so many decorative grooves in that darn door. With eight panels on it, and all kinds of grooves in each one, it was quite a chore. But fun. And I broke down and bought myself a "Mouse". My sander may not be as good as
hers but it sure is fun. Sad thing is that the bottom of it reminds me of an iron. ***shudder***

Now the door is painted with a lovely shade called "Mediterranean Sun."

Anyway, on to more fun. I have also changed out a shower head, started stripping my
vanity, and installed one of those soap dispensers in my kitchen sink. It's so cool! I always wanted to put something there, a sprayer or something, and then I saw this at Lowe's (where I've spent most of my vacation.)

The vanity is taking quite a bit longer than I thought it would, but it's still a lot of fun to work on. I have my daughter's radio plugged in outside, listening to KISS-FM. You know how they (or any top 40 station) play the same songs over, and over again? It cracks me up because while I'm out there stripping paint and working so hard on it, this song keeps coming on called, "I'm in Love With a Stripper." Yep, they're playin' my song!

I'm having too much fun here, I honestly do not want to go back to work. Ever. But I don't see that I have much choice, so darn.

Oh well, at least I have a few more days to goof around here.

21 Comments:

Blogger mreddie said...

Sounds like you are having some days of adventure and then frequenting one of my favorite places of business as well - Lowe's. We have a new Lowe's about 6 miles away and I have yet to go in it due to the family crisis of recent days - must remedy that shortly. ec

6:21 PM  
Blogger se7en said...

My first thought when I saw the pic of the sander was that it was some kninda wacky ass new computer mouse! LOL

sheesh, I gotta get out more...

I don't mind top 40 for an hour or two, but I've worked at businesses that played it ALL.FREAKING.DAY!!! DIE RADIO DIE!!!

they were lucky my gun was in the pawn shop...

6:39 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Might a career change be in the near future? Perhaps you could begin working as a furniture refinisher. I could come up with some items that need some work.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You're so cool to admit to being a stripper. What guts you have!!
Way to go! The door color sounds like something I'd like. I'm into Mediterranean-Tuscan looking thingies.

Enjoy your days off. I wish you'd win the lottery and not have to return to that cubicle ever again.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous TC said...

Weeeehell then. If your having so much fun, I've got a conservatory that needs rebuilding.

It's all waiting for your fun and delectation...when you're ready...

Not so funny now, heh?

12:45 AM  
Blogger Karlos said...

I'm going to think of you the next time I'm off and feeling guilty about not being productive ;-)

2:26 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hivy, I see you finally "came out" and admitted to the world, (well the blog world anyway) that you're a stripper.
You are really gettin' right into the DIY thing sounds like you are enjoying it, that's the main thing.

4:42 AM  
Blogger jules said...

Well, you sound MUCH better than when I talked to you on the phone. Guess wine will do that to ya, huh sis?

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Penny said...

OOOhhhh! A Mouse! I love my mouse! Next, you'll be looking at Dremels!
:)

6:44 AM  
Blogger aka_monty said...

Had I known that you wanted to do home improvement crap, I would have invited you to spend the week with me. :):)

Only because I love you, of course.
NOT to fix up all my fixer-upper stuff.
Really.
I mean it.
Seriously.

;)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Thats one of the nicest things about being single - changing a colour etc just because you want to.

Having a 'go' at stuff in peace.
Not having to settle for a compromise.
Getting things just right.
Not having anyone looking over your shoulder willing you to mess up so they can laugh, or deciding what order things should be done in and getting under your feet.

Have a wonderful time!

8:54 AM  
Blogger ShooShoo said...

What a cool looking toy that mouse-sander thingie is. Not that I'd have any clue what to do with it. ;)

Man that is one of my biggest pet peeves ever... Radio stations that continually play the same stuff over & over & over... It can ruin a perfectly good song!

Enjoy the rest of your time off! :)

11:42 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

You are so handy! I am jealous!

1:59 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Ivy ~ Those soap things get to be a pain! They are always out of soap and it is always a pain to replace it. I finally took ours out and plugged the hole. There must be a lot of people who do that, because they have plugs just for that purpose! ~ jb///

4:05 PM  
Blogger June Cleaver's Revenge said...

You're inspiring me to get some things done around my house.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Lis said...

I have stripper.......I mean sander envy!

8:00 PM  
Blogger poopie said...

From one stripper to another...I say "WOOT!". Very cool toy :)

11:10 AM  
Blogger Meow said...

You go girl !!! I can't say I'm much of a DIYer, I'm more of a LSEDIer (let someone else do it !!).
A stripper, huh !?!
Take care, Meow

5:18 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

(Sigh) Why does Ivy get to have all the fun?

...I must say, girl, you certainly aqre quite the industrious one, arent you?

6:32 PM  
Anonymous TSB said...

Aughhhhh I can't wait for a vacation :)

9:47 PM  
Anonymous toys senoir dog said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my toys senoir dog site.
Have a great week!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home