March 02, 2006

I Rock!


Armed with only a screwdriver and a glass of wine, I installed one of these on my front door, BY MYSELF. I know that isn't a big deal to many of you, but it is not as easy to change out a lock as it might seem. And those instructions that come with things like this are like reading a foreign language. Ooops, turn it over there's the English translation. Really, even that version it is difficult to follow.

Now no more pesky keys for my daughter to have to keep up with...

And I can set two different security codes on it. So, say if I had any money for a housekeeper, or a handyman, I could give them that code, then change it whenever I felt like it, preserving the code my family and I will use.

I am really proud of myself for installing it, but am still puzzled how it managed to look straight and even on the outside, but the contraption on the inside of the door turned out to be all cattywompus.

10 Comments:

Blogger June Cleaver's Revenge said...

Good for you for installing that yourself!

I think it's a great idea you can set two different codes for it.

3:38 PM  
Blogger poopie said...

You DO rock! Let's make a deal...you do my lock and I'll do your tile.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Da Gal said...

You are freaking fabulash Ivy!!! Way to go girl! Women with tool belts unite... teehee J/K

Look forward to seeing your map when you get it posted.

=)

P.S. I have a light that needs installing - wanna come help?

6:11 PM  
Blogger Miss Cellania said...

It IS a big deal when you've never done it before! And you SHOULD feel proud!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Meow said...

What a woman ... whoo, hoo !! You go girl !!! I don't know that I could do that ... never tried, never had to, so don't know !!! Now tell me ... what is "cattywompus" ?? I like the word, it sounds cool !!
Have a great weekend, take care, Meow

2:42 AM  
Anonymous cassie-b said...

We have a lock very much like that. And I just love it.

Cas

8:10 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I applaud you!!
We've got one of those on our back door. If any of us is ever without a key, we have a way in.
Ours holds two codes too.

11:26 AM  
Blogger bornfool said...

Good for you. I'm impressed. They are more difficult to install than one would think.

What most impressed me though was your brilliant use of the word "cattywompus." I use it, too.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

You absolutely rock! I couldn't have done it!~

3:25 PM  
Blogger The Wrath of Dawn said...

Woo hoo! A shiny thing! That you installed all by yourself. I am most impressed. I've tackled light switches (even a double one with a fan!) but not locks yet. Time to get cracking on that.

Cattywompus! HA! Excellent word.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home