March 03, 2006

Coturnix Quail

I rushed home from work today, eager to find my new little friend. The good news is that I didn't find any pile of feathers or a little dead body around. The bad news is, I didn't find my little friend at all. Now I'm worried that if he dies it will be my fault for sticking him back outside. "Birdmeister" identified him as a Coturnix Quail in the comments of my last post. Every picture I've googled of that bird is just like what I held. And everything I've read about it since explains why it was so tame. Based on the amount of bird dookey on the inside and the outside of my windowsill, this bird was well fed before it found its way to me. That's not even counting the times he pooped on my shirt.

Sigh.

I can't believe what a dork I am for getting so attached to a little bird. I really liked him, and I so wish he'd come back in the window tonight.

16 Comments:

Blogger Meow said...

Aaawww, I hope it comes back to you. Sounds like a real cutie. Best of luck, Meow

4:53 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

i would have got just as attached. hopefully he didnt get eaten.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Tan Lucy Pez said...

Hey, I got attached to him/her just reading this post and the one below. So watch who you're callin' a dork here.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Miss Cellania said...

He probably ran into some cousins of his. I bet he's just fine!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Karlos said...

Awww. Maybe he'll come back and visit you Ivy. Maybe if you put some seed out on your windowsill.

3:54 AM  
Blogger Karlos said...

Awww. Maybe he'll come back and visit you Ivy. Maybe if you put some seed out on your windowsill.

3:54 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

CUTE BIRD! Don't tell the cat he's a bird though! ~ jb///

5:51 AM  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

If he comes back, you'll be needing a cage. I hope he comes back to you!

7:02 AM  
Blogger June Cleaver's Revenge said...

I hope you see him again soon!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh Ivy, I hope your feathered friend comes back to you. *hugs*

8:46 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

That cat and bird pic is amazing how did u get them to pose...?

I hope u get to see the bird again...

10:09 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Well smell the cat's breath.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Lillee said...

I love the picture of the cat and bird too. And I think the cat ate him when you looking.

What was it Tweeety Bird use to say? "I think I saw a puddy cat..I did, I did!!"

1:45 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

You say it was a quail? I sure hope Cheney wasn't in the area.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Meow said...

Hey Ivy, has the birdy returned ???

3:14 AM  
Blogger Da Gal said...

Ohhhhh so sorry your lil birdie friend is gone. HOpefully s/he will return.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home