January 04, 2006

Witness a Miracle, People!

Here it is, folks. The first ever picture taken by moi. Not shamelessly stolen from the internet. This is an actual photo of MY hand holding MY cell phone taken with my daughter's digital camera. Eventually uploaded to the computer after only several hundred attempts and cries for help. (she's grumpy when I call her out of the bathtub... or away from a good book... or from bed) Then after a seemingly endless search to find out where the darn thing was located in the computer... HERE IT IS. Yes, you saw it here first. A modern miracle. I'm sorry, I'm getting a bit teary-eyed, and swelling with pride. Sigh.

OK on with the post. A short one - not quite worth all this trouble.

Cell Phones Are a Great Way to Communicate With Your Teen. Especially When You're on the Bus Headed For Downtown Before They Even Get Out of Bed!

Text message from Ma to Mallory: 7:30 a.m. U up for school?

Text message from Mallory to Ma: 7:31 a.m. yea

Text message from Ma to Mallory: 7:32 a.m. thanks hon. Sorry you hate school. I hope something good happens today to make you like it

Text message from Mallory to Ma: 7:33 a.m. What? Like it blows up?

19 Comments:

Blogger FTS said...

Will miracles never cease.

Do you think you could teach TSB how to program her VCR now?

8:38 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hivy, I'm sure you will be pleased to hear that you have a good strong life line in that much photographed hand.
Tsk, tsk Mallory that's not the right attitude dude.

10:41 PM  
Blogger ShooShoo said...

Cool, let me know when you're ready for me to send you an invitation to set up a Flickr account ...so you can post the many pictures you'll surely be taking! ;)

Poor Mallory. Boy do I remember feeling like that about school!

12:55 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

:-D

Hahahahaha

4:37 AM  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

How unreasonable, someone getting grumpy just because you yank them out of the tub to help with your blog. Humph! Spoiled brats!
So what was your reply to her school-blows-up text?

5:05 AM  
Anonymous TSB said...

Somehow I knew that my CR would enter into this comment section. Stop putting all this pressure on me Ivy. Grrrrrrr

Mallory is a hoot....that was too funny

6:55 AM  
Blogger poopie said...

Heh. Can you hear me now Ma??

8:03 AM  
Blogger Jona said...

Hehe, I like Mallory's optimism! But if she thinks school is a pain, just wait till it's over...And well done you! I can't get blogger to load pictures for love nor money at the moment :o(

8:26 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Mallory has her Mother's humor! Love it!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Monique said...

Ha! She sounds like a chip off teh old block.

11:04 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Isn't technology wonderful! Glad you were able to upload the photo. By the way... how did kids ever tell their folks how much school sucks in the pioneer days? (You know... when I was a kid!) ~ jb///

11:15 AM  
Blogger bornfool said...

I don't even know how to post internet pictures, so you're way beyond me.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Congrats on your pic post!

What kind of evil schemes is Mallory cooking up????

5:18 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I'm looking at your hand, and beginning to get worried. Your lifeline looks a little short.... (Of course, that might not mean much.)

5:24 PM  
Blogger Tan Lucy Pez said...

Congratulations! You're ahead of me. I take pictures with my digital camera. No problem. But instead of loading them into the computer, I take them to the store and make them into a CD which I then use on my PC.

My new cell phone takes photos too. I haven't done that yet.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Sudiegirl said...

Ya know, I can see NOW why she wouldn't wanna go to school. You probably have cable with some decent channels, and when I was in high school we lived in the country and got maybe 4 channels counting public TV.

Lucky stiff!

Sudiegirl

7:53 PM  
Blogger Lis said...

Sounds much like conversations I've had with my son. I call him on my cell before my 8am class to tell him "if I have to be in class.......so do you. NOW GET OUTTA BED!"

8:10 PM  
Blogger No_Newz said...

Awww... you tell her I hope things at school improve and it doesn't blow up.
Look at you all higtechie and shit. I suspect we will have many more little photos soon??
Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane

11:21 AM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

Ah the miracles of technology!
...I have trouble finding pictures on the computer too - that's why I "borrow" them.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home