January 28, 2006

It's Raining Rain! Hallelujah!



Yes, I know my title has nothing to do with my post, I'm just excited that it is raining in Dallas. It's been awhile. I have been busy running around getting very little accomplished. This is my M.O. I have so many things started, and no focus to finish any one thing right now. I have a really neat project that I want to work on, but will not allow myself to start on it until I get some REAL work done.

Pictured is a great find (in my opinion) and the project I'm going to allow myself to tackle once I get some chores finished. This old vanity, I can tell... was once a lovely piece of furniture. Then someone painted it a golden color, scraped it all up, and then defiled it with black spray paint. I'm going to fix it up and make it beautiful again. I love restoring things like this back to the natural wood. I don't know if this is an antique, I'm not very knowledgeable about things like that. I do know that it is solid wood, even in the drawers. Nothing flimsy or particle board about it. And the mirror inside the flip-up lid looks pretty old. All I know is that 1) it is going to be lovely, 2) it is a hobby I enjoy doing, and 3) it was only $20. We were made for each other!

List of things to do before I am allowed to play with my new, old vanity:

Get the ceiling repaired in master bedroom
Paint the bedroom
Finish stripping off the wallpaper in the bathroom (I thought was fun for about, oh 20 minutes then I got bored, leaving it looking like a hideous disaster)
Paint the kitchen
Re-model the bathrooms

I just need to focus, and concentrate on one thing at a time. Either that, or get rich and hire someone to do it all so I can play!

20 Comments:

Blogger bubba said...

I vote for getting rich.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Jona said...

$20 is an excellent buy! And I can't wait to see it finished. But if you're anything like me, with a list like that, it could be a few years ;o) And getting rich also sounds like a fine idea!

9:54 AM  
Blogger aka_monty said...

I vote for getting rich too.
As soon as I win the powerball, I'll hire someone to do all that crap for you. :)

And I'm doing a little happy dance right now for the rain that is currently falling here...YEEESSSSSS!!

9:54 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You are going to have SO MUCH FUN getting the paint out of all those nooks and crannies. I'd say about 1,000 cutips worth.

But it is a nice piece, Ivy.

11:47 AM  
Blogger poopie said...

Lord girl...between your projects and mine we'll be busy for the next five years ;)

12:51 PM  
Blogger Prerona said...

Hey! U got a whole lot of projects piled up! U take care and dont overdo it :) All the best. The vanity looks good!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Patricia said...

Good God - screw the "to do" list and do what you WANT TO DO! The "to do" list will be there when you finish the fun stuff. Be Like Nike and Just Do It! xoxo Pat

2:53 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

Yuk - sounds like that Honey-Do list i had last summer.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Vegas Princess said...

Oh my goodness, that is quite a list! Makes my paltry little list of putting up chair rail and painting the living room look measly in comparison. Guess I better get started too!

5:54 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Ivy ~ Fun FIRST! Then WORK! You have to get the priorities STRAIGHT! ~ jb///

9:12 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Glad you are back!

You are much more motivated than I am. My free time is reserved for sleeping!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hivy, that is a very nice looking piece you have there, the vanity too !! paint strippers the way to go.
Getting rich seems to be pretty much unanimous, your profile is certainly coming into play !!

3:27 AM  
Anonymous TSB said...

Ivy, do what you WANT to do. By the time you finish the list, if that piece isn't considered an antique now, it will be by the time you get to it. Screw the other stuff and do what makes you happy.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I have to agree with tbs. Do what makes you happy honey. That IS a great piece of furniture, can't wait to see what you do with it. Thank you for the wonderful birthday wish too. Happy Sunday Ivy honey.

8:54 AM  
Blogger jules said...

That's much nicer than what I pictured when you were describing it to me.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Krisco said...

I LOVE the vanity. Great find!!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Wow, that is quite a list. You are much handier and ambitious than I am. My hat is off to you!

4:15 PM  
Blogger FTS said...

You're friend the Putty Man is gonna be busy, isn't he. :p

4:33 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You've got a lot to get done. I hope you post before & after pics of your projects.
You are a real studette!

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Penny said...

Yeah, what TSB said! And what FTS said, too.
:)

p.s. $20 sounds like an excellent deal from what I can tell in the pics.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home