January 07, 2006

I'll See Your MeMe, and I'll Raise You Three More! (Oh Forget It - I'm Bluffing)

Way back in November Lis tagged me with this meme. I tried several times to do it. The questions were great, but I found some of my answers a bit too incriminating.

Then in December Wrath of Dawn tagged me with this
meme. I really thought this one would be easy but found that I've just about run out of weird things about me that I'm willing to admit I haven't already confessed to in my blog. Here is a copy and paste from the draft of my aborted attempt at that meme:

1) I sleep in a bunkbed
2) I love to watch the garbage truck pick up and dump my trash bins
3)
4)
5)

So I saw
FTS from Follow That Star and TSB over at The Space Between did the following meme, and thought I would attempt it. Couldn't get to 7 things on any topic:

Seven things I plan to do before I die:

1) Attend My Daughter's Wedding (this could possibly make me immortal)
2) Play with my grandchildren (But not anytime soon! My kids and I are too young!)
3) Buy a piano and take lessons
4) Get back in shape
5) Visit the Black Hills of South Dakota once more
6)
7)

Seven things I can do:

1) Drive a motorcycle
2) Kayak
3) Drive a standard automobile
4) Roller Blade
5) Play poker
6)
7)

Seven things I can't do:
1) Tell a convincing lie
2) Bend over easily
3) Cook worth a darn
4) Sew worth a darn
5)
6)
7)

Seven things that attract me to another person:
1) Patience
2) Tolerance
3) Kindness
4) Humor
5)
6)
7)

Seven things I say most often:

1) Holy Crapamoli!
2) Holy Schnikeys!
3) Holy Guacamole!
4) Lord Help Me!
5) I don't feel good!
6)
7)

Finally, I have tagged myself from Bornfool with this much easier meme:

Four Jobs I've had In My Life:

Waitress/cook/cabin cleaner at a resort on Grand Lake (I was 16 - my first job)
Cashier at a Quick Stop (also while a teenager)
Hotel Clerk (was a part time job just last year)
Bank Teller (my first full-time job out of high school)

Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over:

Urban Cowboy (John Travolta in that black hat on that bull.... mmmhhhmmmm)
Mind The Gap (really cool stories)
Grease (and my daughter and I can sing all the songs!)
Edward Scissorhands (Just a really cool movie)

Four TV Shows I Love To Watch:

CSI
Scrubs
Two and a Half Men
Navy NCIS


Four Places I Have Been On Vacation:

The Bahamas (I was 20, I stayed at a Club-Med, it was awesome!)
New York City (took my daughter there for Spring Break, and my son for his 19th birthday)
San Francisco (Went there at age 19 and loved it)
Orlando, FL (Took the kids to Disney World - Universal Studios was more fun, though!)

Four Websites I Visit Daily:

www.cnn.com (I don't take the paper and I don't watch the news on TV)
My bank's website (to check my balance)
www.launch.yahoo.com (to listen to music while I blog)
www.freecycle.org (just in case someone's trash is my treasure, ya know?)

Four Of My Favorite Foods:

Chips and Salsa (anywhere, any time)
Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce (from The Green Papaya at Cedar Springs and Oak Lawn)
Pistachio Chicken (from Cafe Istanbul)
Sweet Potato Fries (served by that hot waiter at Hattie's in Oak Cliff)

Four Places I'd Rather Be Right Now:

In the arms of Johnny Depp (But not as his Willy Wonka character)
In Austin, turning in my winning lottery ticket (Can you say Mega Millions?)
At a Michael Buble Concert (front row, getting to touch him would be cool)
In my hammock with a good book (except the dog ate
my hammock)

19 Comments:

Blogger FTS said...

I was starting get hungry until you mentioned the hot waiter.

Oh wait. You mean hot in the sense that it's EIGHTY FREAKING DEGREES in Dallas. In January. Yeesh.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Lis said...

I would SO take FTS's 80 degrees because in my part of Mapleleafland its hovering around 5 degress Celcius. I don't know what that is in Farenheight because I DON'T DO MATH. However
I will try to keep warm with thoughts of Micheal Buble because he is one hot Canadian!!!!

~~~
My mom's doing better, but will be in the hospital for the next 2-3 weeks. Thanks for asking Ivy :)

2:42 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Valiant efforts, Ivy my girl.

Except: What's a "Schnikey"? Is that a dirty word I can add to my repetoire?

3:20 PM  
Blogger Krisco said...

I agree; they're harder than they look!

I just repeat and hope it's only *new* people reading.

: ) just kidding, of course...

6:13 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hivy, in 7 things to do before you die, round is a shape !!
In 7 things you say most often, like Hoss I have no idea what Schnikeys ! means , so if you said that to me I'd say HolyGuacamole ! I'll give you my recipe for that sometime.
In 4 of my favorite foods, is chips and salsa the same as fries and salsa ? we call your fries chips.
I guess we now know why you gave Jezabel to Jules.

BTW, yes, we do have Valentines day, but not to the same degree that you do in the States, and no, the cards are not out yet, can't fit 'em in for all the Hot Cross Buns.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Miss Cellania said...

You can't go wrong with chips and salsa and Johnny Depp!

2:06 AM  
Blogger Jona said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only who has problems filling these things! And you might not have the hammock, but at least you still have the book ;o)

4:38 AM  
Blogger bubba said...

Round is a shape. Food lifting is shape building (sport). Saying Holy ____. Is spirtual.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Trucker Bob said...

Good one Ivy!

7:34 AM  
Blogger poopie said...

There ya go girl. I like to make up my own memes too ;)

7:58 AM  
Anonymous TSB said...

You'll have to fight me for Johnny Depp, but I am quickly adding Heath Ledger to the list of celebrities I'd most like to "do". LOL

9:49 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That's a lot of "Holy" exclaimations!

I'm with you on the chips and salsa. Is there ever a time when that snack is not great?

Thanks for giving us more of a glimpse of your unique self. You're pretty darned cool! Holy Moses!!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

This was great!
I totally must watch Urban Cowboy again.
I love Michael Buble too.
And you have been around! (in a good way, I mean, travel wise)_

6:04 PM  
Blogger Lew said...

It was one of the easiest meme's around. That's why I did it, too.

7:04 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

I like "Urban Cowboy" TOO, but I would imagine for a different reason. I Loved the Black Hills of S.D. but next time you are there, don't forget "Badlands National Park". It is spectacular! Remind me and I'll send you a shot I took of that place after a thunderstorm. ~ I don't get the whole Johnny Depp thing, but that's just me. Why do both Peter and Bubba say; "ROUND is a SHAPE?" My guess is that's NOT the shape you are looking to get in to? ~ jb///

8:57 AM  
Blogger jules said...

Round is NOT a shape...a circle is a shape, a square is a shape, a rectangle is a shape...ROUND is NOT a shape.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Monique said...

Chips & salsa, yummy yummy yummy!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Simply Coll said...

I for one.. throughly enjoyed your partially done memes. :-)

8:19 PM  
Blogger Huw said...

Well, you've got "complete Memes" for your 'Things I can't do' list I suppose...

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home