January 29, 2006

The Devil Logged on to eBay, He Was Biddin' For a Soul to Buy...

Recently I went to one of my favorite restaurants with my son, his girlfriend, and one of my son's friends. Now imagine the 30 minute wait with a 19 year old girl, and two 19 year old boys. I mostly just listened, and felt very old. During the meal, I found an opportunity to say something I thought would impress them. (Basically I was trying to fit in, OK?) I wanted to make sure they know that I'm not an old fart, so I thought I could impress them with my computer savvy. I mean, look at me. I have my own blog, I can upload a picture, for cryin' out loud! And not only that, to add to my high-tech experience, I just sold something on eBay for the very first time in my life. I bragged to them about selling my motorcycle jacket.

This revelation (which did not amaze them as much as I thought it would - possibly because it turns out that I had mentioned it before a time or two) led my son's friend to say, "Did you know that you can sell your soul on eBay?" He said that someone is actually collecting souls (I did not check to see if this is true) and will pay for them. Supposedly you get some sort of contract to fill out, fax it to them signing over your soul, and then you get paid. Mitch's friend asked me if I would consider selling my soul on eBay for a thousand dollars. I said, "NO WAY! Of course not! What if that's the devil and he has an eBay account?"

Which prompted my son to break out with this spontaneous rap:


I am the devil, and I'm here to say
That I'm buying all your souls on eBay.


OK, maybe you had to be there.

15 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

How weird that is, buyiing souls. I wonder what he plans to do with them?

7:55 PM  
Blogger poopie said...

Never been there. The devil has bid on my soul at other places though ;)

8:23 PM  
Blogger Meow said...

That's bizarre, what would someone (other than the devil !!!) do with other's souls ?!! Must look into that, just for curiousity sake !!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Sirs_Girl said...

Similar to the guy who was trying to sell air a few years ago for like 2 thousand or something like that. Nice lil rap though! :)

11:12 PM  
Blogger Karlos said...

I know what you mean about feeling old. About 8 years ago we helped chaperone a going away party for a friend’s nephew who was joining the Marine Corps. At one point my wife and I went out to the back yard. As soon as the group of kids saw us, a hush fell over them and the “be cool...adults” looks were exchanged in a split second. Hey, hey! Wait! I’m only 35!! We talked to a few of the kids and then went back inside, sure that the conversation and laughter started as soon as the door to the house closed!

2:28 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Sounds a bit off to me , buying and selling souls, how do they take delivery? might have been the kids having some fun with the old fart??

3:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Just goes to show you can buy and sell ANYTHING on Ebay. lol

7:33 AM  
Blogger Tan Lucy Pez said...

I'm not superstitious, and I don't believe in an eternal soul, but it would still scare the beejeebees outta me to sell my soul on e-bay, or anywhere else!

8:26 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Fortunately, I'm a friend of Daniel Webster.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I'm a big e-bayer. I sell and purchase more than I'd ever care to admit. But I've never heard of this (outside of urban legend). I'd recommend "The Screwtape Letters" cd read by John Cleese, though. I just bought THAT on e-bay! ;o)

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Mitch said...

Search ebay for "Selling my soul" a few hits popped up. btw it was "YO I'm the devil, and here to say, that I'm buying all your souls on ebay"

1:16 PM  
Blogger se7en said...

You missed it just a teeny bit, eBay IS the devil! It's an evil addiction and even my very own mom has succumbed to the despicable temptations of buying everything imaginable in search of the ultimate soul satisfying bargain!

eBay is EVILE!! run away! LOL

8)

7:12 PM  
Blogger Lis said...

I'm kinda curious as to whether or not the soul buyer had anyone take him up on his offer!

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Penny said...

Be careful ... it's probably Golden Palace buying up all those souls!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...I'm banned from EBay, otherwise I might try to sell my soul for extra cash. I figure I'm not going up anyway, so i might as well eliminate the middleman.

Sudiegirl

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home