December 04, 2005

Turn Out The Lights, The (Virtual Slumber) Party's Over

WARNING: Major linkage occurs in this post:

A big thank you to my sister for giving me a place to stay for the past few nights. Thanks to all of you who commented on my site. I felt a lot of support, concern, and I think what surprised me the most - understanding. Seeing how much fun my daughter and her aunt Jules had together made me think of a slumber party. They got a big kick out of picking on me - said that I just make it so easy. Then Monty and I stayed up late one night chatting on-line. I told her about how it seemed like a sleep-over. I mentioned that Jules had fallen asleep first that night, so I was obligated to put her bra in the freezer. (Old slumber party ritual, gentlemen. In case you didn't know)

So I created a virtual slumber party in my mind where even the guys could attend, and no one had to worry about running out to buy new pajamas. Here's my recollection of the past few nights.

Wow, what a fun party my
sister threw for my baby girl and me. And it wasn't even my birthday! This was not your normal one night slumber party, no. It started Wednesday night and ended this evening. And guests didn't show up in the usual way. Many dropped by via comments, some by email, and some by phone. But each guest was welcome, appreciated, and boy, did we have some fun. And pranks? Yes there were pranks. Food? Yes, and plenty of it. What kind of slumber party would it be otherwise? (By the way, those were some cute jammies you had on, Monty) We had lots of laughs, I got lots of hugs, comfort, and support. LR brought some of her homemade cookies, all the way from British Columbia, and they weren't even crumbled! Poopie brought loads of pecans for us to chow down on. She and my BabyGirl had a blast hiding the shells in my shoes. Thanks, girls ;) Lois brought tons of food from her Home Fires anniversary party, and wrote the lyrics to many songs on the spot, all night long. Jona made us hot tea the night it was cold, and read us excerpts from her nano writing. FTS manned the microwave and made popcorn non-stop. He could barely keep up with our food fights! TSB cracked us up with her cheese bra, and even brought us some of her birthday cake. Peter recited Bush poetry to us until Jules and I ganged up on him and gave him the "tickle torture" I think he kind of liked it ;) Mallory walked around making note of everything she intends to steal inherit from Jules house. Sudiegirl caught us up on current events, and we had a ball drawing mustaches and horns on everyone we found pictured in the newspaper. Carlos kept us entertained with his opinions, and then he snuck out and hung a pair of fake balls under Jules' car as a prank. AKA Monty, otherwise known as the Daily Bitch kept us in stitches. Especially when she dipped Jules hand in warm water and made her pee in the bed. (Hey, that's what you get for being the first one to fall asleep Jules.) Tan Lucy Pez contributed to the food and fun by walking around all night shooting us with her daughter's pez dispensers. Sometimes we even caught some candy in our mouths, but most of them ended up on the floor with FTS' Pop Secret popcorn. Krisco hired a babysitter, dusted off her software director skills, and sabotaged all the perverted blogs as a practical joke. Jamie Dawn walked around the house with marker in hand and wrote things like "Mommy rules" on the walls. Monique's mother passed around graph paper for us use in rearranging Jules' place, but we ended up just folding paper airplanes or playing tic tac toe with it. Dawn showed a little wrath when finding out Jules had no plans to put up a Christmas tree. After all, Jules has no cat to climb up and knock it over. Trucker Bob left his harem long enough to come join in all the fun. Sirs girl came all the way from New Jersey for the party, but we wouldn't let her drink, since she just turned 20 this month ;) Chris came to the party, even though she's been feeling puny. She promised she wasn't contagious. Cheryl brought us some yummy turkey from Seaford, East Sussex and some Christmas crackers. Bubba reminded me that there are worse things than peeing in the wetsuit, but thankfully didn't demonstrate during the slumber party. Penny operated the margarita machine. sauerkraut dropped by to lend support. Mreddie came all the way from South Carolina to say hi. Ellen, Dorothy, Bullet Bow also popped in to the party and started a big pillow fight. Then we all went out and toilet papered the neighbors' houses.

The whole time
Hoss mingled among the crowd taking incriminating pictures with his digital camera mumbling something about "finally going to make his pile."

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm back home now, and doing great. Thanks for being there for me.

Now who's gonna help me clean up all that junk off Jules' carpet?

24 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Interesting slumber party ritual. I have heard of placing a sumbering person's hand in water, which causes the person to, um, urinate.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

What about putting a blob of boot polish on the end of their nose?
They always seem to rub it in, straight away.
Maybe not a game for friends you want to keep, though.....

4:50 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hivy, Glad to hear you enjoyed the slumber party, that tickleing was REALLY GOOD THANKS A LOT.
Glad to hear you are back at home, keep the bogey mans out won't you.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Jona said...

LOL, so that's why I'm so tired today!

And I'll come help you clean Jule's carpet :o) Siblings might drive us mad, but they're the BEST when you need a shoulder to lean on.

Hope things even out and resolve themselves at home. Take care.

6:03 AM  
Blogger jules said...

So that's what Mallory was up to? Checking out the house for stuff she wants to inherit? Tell her she can have it all. My kids don't want any of it.

Love you, but glad you're gone! ;)

6:35 AM  
Blogger No_Newz said...

I had a groovy time at your party babe! Tell Jules I'll send the little Lanes over to clean her house. Child slave labor just isn't being used nearly enough these days! :)
Welcome home!
Lois Lane

7:14 AM  
Blogger aka_monty said...

I'm with Lois~I told you that's what kids are for. Cleaning up stuff you don't want to do. :)

I had a lovely time! And I'm very happy you're back home. *hug*

7:24 AM  
Blogger bubba said...

Now I know I am a senior. I don't remember a thing. My senior moment lasted all night. Can we do it again?

7:27 AM  
Blogger poopie said...

Glad you're home hon. I totally enjoyed the party ;)

7:59 AM  
Anonymous TSB said...

Hi Sweetie, I'm so glad you are home and that your tree is up. THings are going to be so much better than they have been....:)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Rain said...

Ivy! You know how to party! Glad things are well for you.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Serra said...

You guys forgot the old standby of rice in the sleeping bag.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Glad you are back home and doing great, sweetie. The party was great, and Jules is one heck of a hostess. I'm feeling way better so, I'm in for the clean-up!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Karlos said...

Party was great. When's the next one? Glad everything's working out!

10:58 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You are one clever dude, dude. Such a nice way to thank the folks.

I thought I was clever, too, but my top-of-the-shoe camera wasn't worth beans. All the women were wearing slacks. Pile Unmade, again.

So glad you're home. Watch your back.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Jules said she didn't want any help with the clean up.
I remember she said these exact words, "Please, just get OUT of here!" I think she was just kidding... wasn't she?
I did write Jules Rules and Ivy is Queen on several of her walls in permanent ink, so she may have been a teensy bit peeved.
Ivy, I am glad you are back home & doing well.

2:52 PM  
Blogger bulletbow said...

I enjoyed both the slumber party and the pillow fight, but the neighbors are all upset about the TP job! Oh well... us KIDS will be kids (no matter how old we get)!Thanks for the PARTY Ivy! ~ jb///

4:28 PM  
Blogger Tan Lucy Pez said...

Hey, Baby Bounces Back! Great new song for you!

Swell party. Thanks for the invite. Anyone who can throw a party like that is going to be okay. Some bumps ahead, of course. But with your great sense of humor, you're back on track girl!

Glad you're home. I'll come vacuum. I love to vacuum.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darlin':

I caught you up on current events that are NON-POLITICAL, of course. Who the **** cares about politics? We just wanna know who gets busted for trying to boink a horse. Poor horsie...

Glad you're home...glad you're getting the locks changed. Don't forget what I told you about making notes of things re: the big "D" and saving them for your next legal appointment. You'll thank yourself for it later.

Oh, and my mother was still finding peanuts in the living room a year after the last slumber party I had...tell Jules she'll have a row to hoe on that one.

Sudiegirl

6:27 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

LOL, loved the party. Was it you wearing the lampshade? ;o)

2:59 AM  
Anonymous Monique said...

LOL, this was hysterically funny! And SO very glad my mother's graph paper could be used for something that is actually fun. You sure know how to party!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Penny said...

Oy vay ... I finally finished all those leftover Margaritas (sorry about the mess, Jules but I really don't remember turning off the machine ... wait... I did turn it off, didn't I?)

Glad you're home and doing good, Ivy! Anytime ya need a good party, just holler!

11:55 AM  
Blogger The Wrath of Dawn said...

No Christmas tree? What's up with that?

I'm just catching up on my blog reading today. Thanks for the mention! Glad to hear things are better.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Krisco said...

Hey, thanks for including me in the slumber party!!! And, um....sorry I was the spacy girl that showed up so late. : )

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home