November 11, 2005

Things That Don’t Work as Well in Real Life as They Do On Cartoons (Not That I'm Speaking From Experience)

  • Winding a jump-rope around your waist and asking your friend to "pull real hard" and watch you spin like a top
  • Laying across the sidewalk, so the neighbor boy can jump over you "Evel Kneivel" style with his bicycle
  • Kneeling down at the edge of the pool and trying to do a front roll into the water
  • Hanging on to the ski rope after both water-skis have gone flying from your feet
  • Trying to catch a wild rabbit with a fishing net
  • Helping baby Easter chicks learn to fly by sending them down the slide
  • Donning inline skates for the first time and putting the dog on a leash to pull you

9 Comments:

Blogger Karlos said...

What does work just like in the cartoons: Stepping on a garden rake so the handle pops up and hits you square in the nose.

I know from experience...and I wasn't under the influence of anything!

Cj

4:06 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Isn't it unfair when you just know you were born to fly and do wonderful things, and those bloody laws of physics get in the way.
Humph.

4:20 AM  
Blogger Jona said...

OMG, I'm laughing so hard because I've actually tried some of those (not in the last few years mind ;o))

6:03 AM  
Blogger se7en said...

I'll bet you were a dangerous friend to have when you were little! LOL I hope you didn't suffer any permanent injuries!


8)

9:47 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I so glad you never tried walking off the edge of a cliff and using an umbrella for a parachute. You wouldn't be around to blog!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Ivy, I tried the 2nd one with Evels brother Awful Knnawful, he couldn't jump either.

7:45 PM  
Blogger FTS said...

I'm trying to figure out which one you did recently enough to inspire this post. Jules...?

7:53 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I was actually wondering the same thing, fts. And was more than one recent? :)

7:44 AM  
Blogger aka_monty said...

Trying to outswim a shark that is snapping at your heels doesn't really work either.
Or so I've heard. ;)

And never, never hit someone in the face with a shovel, it doesn't really make that cool imprint.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home