November 29, 2005

Sports Nuts

I stayed up way too late last night on the phone with a couple of sports nuts. You two know who you are! Lots of talk about football. And not the kind that I like to participate in... such as who has the cutest quarterback, or which team's uniforms have the prettiest colors. No, these two - you know what??? I'm just going to rat them out right now: It was the Follow That Star Crew, FTS and TSB. So I just put the phone on speaker, laid it down and made a vain attempt to figure out how to put pictures from my digital camera on the computer. Almost worked, but then I couldn't find the camera. My important mission last night was to show you pictures of my cat, Cowboy George and how someone turned him pink.

So I had no time to write anything original, but I did read something interesting yesterday that has to do with football. Maybe I could learn a little and be able to converse intelligently on the subject someday. Nah, not likely...

Football Fans Help This Guy:
Doug is tired of the same old, same old from football commentators. I suggested he start a list and he can present it to those sports talkin' dudes. In order not to get on Doug's nerves, I propose that each phrase can only be used only once per season. I'm betting he's going to need a pretty long list.

13 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

I probably should not make this admission, and it is probably un-American and anti-Texan, but I cannot become excited about football, or other spectator sports, for that matter.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hivy, you need the thrill of Aussie Rules Footy to spark up your jaded life.

5:12 AM  
Blogger bubba said...

I'll ask wife what she thinks. She said commentaors for football are still on steriouds. They don't know what they are saying.

7:51 AM  
Blogger mreddie said...

Hey - how about another list and just put a number on each of all the trite, worn out phrases and then the trite, worn out announcers could just say the numbers instead of boring everyone to silliness. Just a thought. ec

8:19 AM  
Blogger Lightning Bug's Butt said...

I don't like cats that much, but I like them better than football.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm not into professional sports, and I certainly would not be able to have an interesting conversatin about any of the teams or players.
I do like the team colors of the Miami Dolphins though.
I've been to the semi-new baseball park of the San Fran Giants a couple of times. That was fun!

11:19 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Whatever channel Joe Theismann is on gets the old silent treatment (mute) button from me. That guy rattles on incessantly...rattle ...rattle... rattle...

Hey, I didn't know till today you had a daughter b**gger. She's cute, but besides that she's a good writer, with head pretty straight on. Congrats.

12:34 PM  
Blogger FTS said...

You provided me with a wealth of things to blog about last night, but I think I'll just sit on them for a bit. Never know when I might need something "in the bank." ;)

2:15 PM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

For sure I'll need a huge list. I mreddie's idea for a list too.
As far as Theisman goes, that whole crew on ESPN is annoying to the max.

3:54 PM  
Blogger bulletbow said...

I don't like football that much . . . but I like it better than cats.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Monique said...

I just roll my eyes shamelessly when talk turns to sports. I can't even pretend to be interested!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Lis said...

Come ON People....who can think football now that HOCKEY is back???
Alright I admit it. I am a Seahawks fan.
Oh and I really should learn to slow down when I read.....because at first I thought you wrote someone (whose blog is very pretty btw) had turned Boy George pink......lol.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous TSB said...

Hmmmmm, I'm sorry Ivy. I even apolologized on the phone for talking Football with FTS. But ...I LOVE FOOTBALL AND I COULD TALK ABOUT IT ALLLLLL THE TIME.

Hugggss hun, next time we'll just get drunk again on the phone....hehehe and talk about your toenails. ( I bet you thought I'd forget that part)LOL :)

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home