November 19, 2005

Really Random Stuff That Has No Common Theme, So Don't Give Me Any Grief, People

I have several "draft" posts that I cannot seem to finish. Maybe some of you can relate. Funny thing is, the one I've been working on the longest is about procrastination. I'm not joking! So here are some random paragraphs that I've written in the past. Please don't think any one paragraph has anything to do with another. (Especially you, FTS & Jules.)
**
Sometimes I really want to do a cartwheel. I just don't know how. And I have tried to learn many different times in my life. I'm guessing that the ratio of arm strength to butt size is the reason why I can't. OK, if not a cartwheel, at least one of those cool high jumps in the air where you click your heels together on one side. What commercial was that from? Oh, shoot, I can't remember. Great! Now I won't be able to sleep tonight wondering.
**
A lady near me in the line at the bakery ordered a muffin and three butters. The snotty girl behind the counter told her, "Well, I'll have to charge you for two of them". I didn't like the way she said that. And it seemed to embarrass the customer, even though she replied that it was OK. You know what? She can have my butter. Butter for everyone, it's on me, people! I have ordered fourteen thousand muffins from that place over the years and never once asked for butter. What is the big deal if she wants three?

**
Ranting and raving can have some benefits. One time I tried to break up a fight between my two children. I started out calmly questioning their inability to get along, and then proceeded to become a screaming lunatic. Later, from my bedroom, I could hear them having a civil conversation. Sure, they were probably discussing my psychotic behavior, but at least they finally agreed on something.
**
I hate it when I won't change something that I don't like about myself. I know that some things I just have to accept, like my big feet. But there are things I could change, but don't. If I say I really want to change, but then won't make the effort I am really lying to myself. That's not very smart telling myself a lie; I'll get caught every time!
**
I wonder sometimes if I am making a positive difference in anyone's life. There are so many people in my life that have helped me with their kindness, wisdom and experience and I don't even know if some of them realize it. The thing is; how do I return the favor to them? They are the ones that already have it all together and are so wonderful. What could I possibly have to offer them?

**
I just KNOW that I would make a really great wealthy person. I only need to win the lottery to prove that I am right.

20 Comments:

Blogger Hale McKay said...

Whose blog this is I do not Know,
She won't see me stop though
And watch her comments grow.

Well now I know I do like your site, thanks to mention of you over at Monty's digs.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Karlos said...

Cartwheels...my sister and my cousin used to make another cousin and me feel puny because we were too doofy to do them.

Didn't Dick Van Dyke do that heel clicking thing in a movie before the unknown commercial?

I can relate to the random thoughts/posts. I have a few random paragraphs lurking around my computer that I can't seem to finish.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Serra said...

I don't have the unfinished posts problem...I tend to post things mostly unedited, then edit if things strike me right away, or go back later and work on it.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Ash's Dad said...

Random is good. Stuff are good. Radom stuff are good.

My english grammar, bad.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous TSB said...

It was Toyota you goober....maybe you're just a little hungover :)

I can't imagine that you don't know every single person you've impacted. You seem to be a ray of sunshine in an otherwise grey world hun....alot of those people that you think are so together,might be quite torn up inside, your ability to make them laugh may be just what the doctor ordered to make them see whats really important.

Never underestimate the power of a smile and a good laugh, you seem to instill both in others daily. :))

7:35 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Regarding the muffin and butter, I dislike restaurants that charge for every little thing. In my opinion, it is a sign of an upscale establishment if extra tortillas or blue cheese for your baked potato do not come at an additional cost.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I too have quite a few unfinished drafts in holding. I never thought of posting them together. Maybe I will.
Have a great Sunday, Ivy.

8:54 AM  
Blogger actonbell said...

I've been here once before, and I'm so glad I found my way back--I really enjoy reading your posts.
When I was a kid, I could do cartwheels, sit in the lotus position, etc, but now I don't even attempt that stuff--don't wanna hurt myself.
I've had trouble with the word verifier, too--the letters are just too stylized-and, LOL, I'd like to know where I screwed up, too! And I enjoyed the stories about your kids:)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jona said...

I like ramdom - it's how my thoughts arrive :o)

10:33 AM  
Blogger jules said...

It's not called "random thoughts" little sis. It's called ADD.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Tan Lucy Pez said...

What's wrong with random? NOTHING.

I like random. I'm a skid-talker myself. I change the subject mid-conversation, but forget to tell whomever I'm talking to about the new subject. This is always my husband.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I enjoyed your hodge-podge post, A little of this and a little of that and all of it gooood stuff.
Your humor is a great gift. I'm sure all those who know you have really benefitted from your ability to laugh at life and be an open person. That's some of what you have to offer them.

3:07 PM  
Blogger poopie said...

Yeah right...we're all soooooo together ;) I work with this skinny little blonde chick who can do cartwheels on demand...and I demand it often just to see her flip! I suppose I'm living vicariously.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Lis said...

I can't remember how I arrived here...but I enjoyed the read!The random musings made me smile...its good to know I am not the only one whose mind diverts that way :)
I can relate to the butter incident. Once at a restaurant I asked for "More cream please"
The waitress said (very loudly)"you need MORE?"
"Yes please" I meekly replied as she stomped off. Perhaps she needed to go milk the cow? I'm not really sure, of course it wasn't until later that I thought of a snappy comeback like "Yes three of these tiny little creamers just aren't enough to help me chew through this cup of day old tar!"

Great blog. Thanks for the smiles!

4:42 PM  
Blogger aka_monty said...

Don't forget, when you win the lottery, I'll be your BFF.

By the way, you owe me $20 for sending Hale McKay over here.

I'll take a check.
;);)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

And she owes me a fiver for coming!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

Waxing to seriousness - Thank you for the visit. Hey, even the sister (or brother) of someone still calls for accomplishment - after all, you have to get along.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

Darn, I should have read the other comments first. Re: Tan Lucy Pez' tendency to change subjects at random. There is a very good word for that - quaquaversal! It's a neat word that I never get much of a chance to use, well this is one chance(Hey look at it this way, the comments count is being run up.

7:59 PM  
Blogger ShooShoo said...

Yer crackin me up! And boy do I relate, from the big feet to (most of all) the procrastination... Man I must have over a dozen drafts saved, some from several months ago! Keep it up!

2:57 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hivy, good stuff that random stuff.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home