November 13, 2005

I'm Here To Tell Ya....

Hey, ya know what? I believe in that saying: "Bad things happen to bad people." And so I'm here to tell you... Oh shoot I forget...but it was a lot of things - about moi.

FIRST: I knew that FTS's cat was a female. I also knew that she was a drunken... uhh... cat, and that this would be really difficult for her would never be seen with US, so I purposely swiped the wrong kitty. Also, I wanted to see if FTS was paying any attention. This is a typical screening process I put all my future husbands blog buddies through to see if they adore me are really reading my posts. Lest you all think I am an abuser of poor, innocent animals, I think you should know that I am not. I spent a better part of the evening picking off the whipped-cream that dried after my daughter slopped some on Cowboy George's head. I mean, try as he might, how's a cat supposed to reach THAT with his tongue? And obviously, our dog was too big a CHICKEN to help him out with his predicament.

At one time this evening, the post had a purpose... some meaning... perhaps something very profound. Given the fact that I have been forced to see "SAW 2" with my daughter, and then consumed a tad (I love that word) too much wine... I have forgotten what I originally intended to say.

But hey, in case you've been a reader since the time I admitted to Peeing In the Wetsuit, I have given it a lot of thought. Even consulted an expert. Trust me, this guy lives in the Cayman Islands and goes diving on his lunch break, so if ANYBODY knows, he does!

Oh, wait! I finally remembered the REAL reason I wanted to make a post tonight. And I'd better do it now, so I can get some sleep: Jules and I never really did kidnap FTS's cat. (Well, truthfully, I can't vouch for what SHE was up to, but I DO have an alibi.) I was at an awesome event. I listened to my buddy Seth Simmons play his incredible original piano music, while his artist friend Rolando "Ro" Diaz painted a picture. If you are in the Dallas area, or plan to be around mid-December when they do their next show, please be my guest and watch this amazing event. Not only would I love to meet you, I would love for you to experience such an event. There is no advertising for this, it is strictly underground, word-of-mouth. And I happen to have a big mouth.

10 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Will Seth Simmons and Ro Diaz be taking their show on the road?

4:36 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Ivy, Seth makes beautiful music.

6:24 AM  
Blogger jules said...

Uh, sis, I hope Seth hasn't hired you as his publicist. That was the longest ramble to get there that I think I've ever heard from you. :)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Tan Lucy Pez said...

I love this post! So funny.

8:08 AM  
Blogger FTS said...

I'm wondering how standing on your seat and doing the wave at a piano concert goes over. Or the mosh pit. :p

8:18 AM  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

Was Saw II as dreadful as everyone is making it out to be?

8:22 AM  
Blogger poopie said...

Define "tad" ;)

8:53 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That sounds like a cool event. I don't see myself being in Dallas at that time, but if fate plops me there for some odd reason, I'd like to attend.
Saw 2 is a movie I have no desire to endure. My daughter and one of her friends went to see it, but her friend forgot to bring her ID with her, and they would not let her in. They went to the mall instead, which was a much better idea anyway.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Trucker Bob said...

I am this day filing a "this ain't fair" complaint against you and this page. Nobody can be this good without cheating.

Help me out here Jules, tell me what she's up to.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Teh Blogfather said...

Hi Ivy, I'm stopping by to thank you for leaving a comment on one of my blogs (the one with the ridiculously long name: Hippopoto-doo-dah-deh) :-)

PS: I run another blog where for the price of a joke, quote or fact, you can submit your blog and I'll write a wacky review and link to you. So if you wanna try something new, give it a shot!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home