November 08, 2005

Further Proof I'm A Goober - AS IF (sigh) Any Were Required

Flash back to a time when I was young, single, and childless... therefore making me an expert at child-rearing.

I was 20 years old, and I lived with my sister and her two-year-old son. Trying to understand an incident involving my nephew, a bead, a nostril and a doctor's visit I wondered: how can something so tiny placed inside your nose not just fall right out? So I tried it! Yes, you heard read right, I stuck a bead in my nose. Staring at my reflection in the mirror on the bathroom medicine chest, my conversation with myself went something like this: "Hmmm, it didn't just fall out." "Oh well, I'll just pull it out." Then with a little more urgency: "Don't panic, Ivy! And quit pushing it up farther!" Then, "OK, Calm down, you are making this worse!" And finally: "Dey will bury be wid dis bead id by doze before I ever adbit dis to anyone."

14 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Ivy, Ivy, Ivy, I darnt beliebe Dou duck a bead up yaw doze, Yeah I can really!!

3:47 AM  
Blogger Jona said...

Lol, yes the last time any of us had all the answers was before we had kids!

My eldest daughter used to like putting crayon pieces up her nose, and I've found once the tears and snot starts, blowing like an elephant can work a treat ;o)

6:30 AM  
Blogger bornfool said...

It's much more embarrassing for a twenty year old to have to go to the emergency room to get smething out of their nose than for a young child. lol. Did you ever try to cut your own hair? Just wondering. My kids all tried that, too.

8:14 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Has it dissolved yet?

8:47 AM  
Blogger aka_monty said...

I bet if I smack you upside the head it will fall right out.

At least, it worked with MY younger sister... ;)

8:56 AM  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

Is it still up there?

8:57 AM  
Blogger se7en said...

At least it wasn't a Goober...

8)

10:06 AM  
Blogger No_Newz said...

Hahahaha! Ya big goober! ;)
Lois Lane

10:08 AM  
Blogger FTS said...

And all this time when I looked at your nose I thought you were Italian. :p

11:39 AM  
Blogger jules said...

Might that explain your gawdawful snoring?

2:56 PM  
Blogger Queen Rat Mallory said...

Actually she HAS tried citting her own hair....it was tragic really, A bit too much wine and WAY too much confidence in the scissors. I'm glad to say we're past that point in her life.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Say it isn't so!!!!
I put one of my Gramillo's little sample lipsticks up my nose and it broke off. It kept going deeper and deeper. Of course, I was about six at the time.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous TSB said...

My friends son put one of those tiny lighted magnets up his nose, big brother gets the idea that putting another in the other nostril will make him look like Rudolph. I swear this story is true. The magnets obviously polarize and wedge at the bridge of his nose. 6 hours of surgery and 10,000.00 later said magnets are removed. Of course the kids were pissed because they never got to show their friends how cool it looked.

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Monique said...

Hahaha, my sister did that, except she put rocks in her ear because she didn't have pockets. Had to go to the doctor to get them out.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home