November 14, 2005

Friends Don't Let Friends Blog Drunk

This morning I turned on my computer to delete the previous post, but decided to first check my email. Good thing I did. MADB (Mothers Against Drunk Bloggers) had written to me and asked me to keep it up there. They want to link to it as an example of just what can happen when you place a drunk in front of a keyboard. Or is it place a keyboard in front of a drunk? Either way, I like to help all I can. Maybe that will count as community service.

I would like to apologize to anyone that I left comments for in the past 24 hours. I honestly cannot remember every blog I visited, and everything I said. But that's why they have that little trash can icon. Feel free to delete any comments you find from me. Actually, I'm begging you to delete any comments you find from me! I owe someone a personal apology, if only I knew who that was. I left one rambling comment somewhere, that from what I remember may have had enough words in it to qualify for this NaNo contest I keep hearing about. Well, the word count ranked way up there, but I doubt if the quality of the comment did.


Apologies out of the way, I'm sure you've all forgiven and forgotten, right? So now, I will keep you waiting no longer and answer the questions that came up from my previous post:

Saw 2 was icky. So why did I go see it? Like I said, bad things happen to bad people. It was payback for tricking my daughter earlier in the day: I asked Mallory to go to the mall with me - I just failed to mention it was an antique mall. After what I consider to be a very brief time there, she mentioned something about how it was sucking the life out of her (or words to that effect). My daughter slumped down onto a $900 antique chair, and an antique elderly lady walking past tried to buy the shoes from her feet. The woman lost interest when I told her the girl goes with.

Matthew: I'm not sure how much Seth and Ro take this particular show on the road. It is my understanding that they also have a lot of individual endeavors. Ro has art exhibits, and will soon be featured on PBS. Seth is currently working on the score to some movie. Too cool!

Jules, I am pretty sure that Seth has chosen me to be his publicist. I just have to finish going over the paperwork. I was so excited when Seth pointed me out and I saw a gentleman heading my way with the contract. All that legal mumbo jumbo is hard to decipher, though - something about a restraining order and 1,000 feet, I don't know. Obviously I am going to have to do a little more research so I can do a really good job at this.

FTS: I thought you weren't going. Dang, I shouldn't have told you what I'd be wearing, you'd have never known that was me standing on the chair.

And finally, Poopie. I know you know the definition for the word "tad", I'm betting you want my definition of it... like in ounces, or glasses, or bottles? Don't know why for sure, but I am suddenly fond of that word. I just like it. I'm betting Old Hoss would know the exact meaning. Hoss? Help me out here? Please?

9 Comments:

Blogger MarkD60 said...

Now I'm disappointed that none of the comments I received seemed drunken!

3:06 AM  
Blogger Karlos said...

Tad....I think that's the exact inverse of a "buttload" isn't it? That's what a friend from L.A. told me anyway.

Oh, and that's Lower Alabama, not Los Angeles ;-)

4:07 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hivy, yep I guess Seth would feel relativly safe at 1000 feet.
No drunken comments here either, maybe it was all in your mind??

5:33 AM  
Blogger FTS said...

How are we supposed to tell the difference between your drunk and sober blogging...?

6:42 AM  
Blogger poopie said...

Heheh..If I had a tad of money for every post I've done drunk, I would no longer be lookin' for Sugar Daddy ;)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Tad means different things to different people.
When a fat person says, "Give me a tad of those mashed potatoes," that means about three heaping spoonfuls instead of five. If a skinny person says that, and you put one spoonful on their plate, they say, "I'll NEVER be able to finish all of that."
You can never tell what a "tad" means.

10:45 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

A tad is larger than deminimus, larger than miniscule, larger than a jot, but smaller than a slug or a jolt or a belt. I'm sure that's all nice and clear.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Tan Lucy Pez said...

LOL on this post. I thought yesterday's was fine.

I feel fairly insulted that you didn't leave me a drunken comment! Huh! What's up with that?

7:31 PM  
Blogger aka_monty said...

Oh man! I didn't know you'd already done it. I should've come here before I made my post for today...I'm going to blog drunk this weekend.
Maybe you could join me. :D

Screw it, lets all get drunk and blog!

Or
Blog it, let's all get drunk and...

oh. sorry. ;)

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home