October 23, 2005

Super Susan Saves The Day

I worked part time as a hotel front desk clerk for a few months earlier this year. I wanted to make extra money to take my son to New York City for his birthday. My only previous experience with hotels had been on the other side of the counter. I realized what a perfect guest I have been for many, many years after I took this job. It might surprise some people to know what all is in the job-description of the front desk clerk. I know it did me. This was a very small hotel, and quite often I was the only employee on duty at the time. One guest called me crying, "I'm extremely acrachnophobic!" I felt like saying, Geez lady, you’re only on the third floor, but instead I told her I’d be right up to squish the spider for her. When I got to her room, she was standing on the bed pointing. She had greatly exaggerated the size of the spider, though; it was only a two-tissue kill.

In some odd way does this qualify me as a super hero? If so, what would I be? Hmmm... that's going to require some thought. Maybe I'll write a comic book - The main character will be an ordinary hotel clerk by day... and possess all kinds of super powers. Now all I have to do is think of what I want my costume to look like!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Ash's Dad said...

Something, Wonder Womanish? I know when I was a teenager, I thought she was something. I didn't realize all the psycology behind it at the time, all I knew was, I liked her. What a woman!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I know I hate spiders, but I would never call the front desk of the hotel to kill it for me !! LOL

Great story !

7:59 AM  
Blogger Bev Sykes said...

http://www.funnytheworld.com/2005/Oct/24.htm

Check the bottom of the entry...I mention you.

8:11 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Anti-Spider Woman!! Instead of shooting out web stuff, you suck.

Heh. Hoss 1, Susan Ivy 0

8:38 AM  
Blogger Jona said...

You have to kill spiders when you on a hotel front desk?! Yikes, that's one job I won't be applying for!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Trucker Bob said...

Let me even the score up for you:

Susan Ivy 1
Hoss......0

12:05 PM  
Blogger poopie said...

Ole Hoss is always trying to get one up on us, I swan. I promise I won't call you...I'll just kill the little spider myself.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Yes this is the front desk, well OK i'll send "super squisher" up right away, just stay on the bed for now.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Ash's dad: I miss you! :)

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home