October 19, 2005

Still Learning

I don’t know if it’s true that you “learn something new every day”, but I do learn something new just about every year. Here are just a few examples: At age 8 I learned that a turtle turned upside down will pee on your dress. And if you happen to do this two minutes before your family leaves for church it will make your mother seem unholy. At age 18 I learned that you should know where your lips are. Don’t rely on a rearview mirror to watch where the lipstick is being applied, that’s very dangerous! Especially when the car you’re driving is moving and the one in front of you has stopped. At age 29 I learned that it hurts to be beautiful. At least that’s what my son, 5 years old at the time, told me as he yanked the brush painfully through mommy’s long hair. At age 41 I learned that no matter how hard I mash down on the passenger-side floorboard, it doesn’t slow down my teenage son with a 2-day old learner’s permit.

6 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

This is really good, Ivy.

P.S. I quoted you and your queasy fly today (Thursday).

6:41 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

You had better get ready for the avalanche of comments now that you have been linked by Hoss, one of blogvilles finest.
Love that sense of humor, keep up the good work.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Thank you, Sir Peter. Once Old Hoss makes his pile, and, you know... leaves us all..let's you and I deliver his yuletide, OK?

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Ash's Dad said...

You! You're good! Yes you are. You're good.

Keep'm comin'.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous IamMitch said...

In my defense I've never been in a wreck or had a speeding ticket.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

oh... speak of the devil... I mean, hi, honey! how are you?

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home