October 22, 2005

Peeing in the Wetsuit

I've had lots of people wonder why in the heck I would pee in the wetsuit. OK first of all, I have the teensiest bladder in the world. That's the first thing you should know about why I did this. Second is: the urge to pee hit me within four seconds of entering the water for my open-water dive test in Table Rock Lake somewhere in Missouri. I KNEW it would be quite a while before we would get back to shore, and based on the incredible difficulty getting INTO that wet-suit, I correctly surmised that getting out of it would be even more of a challenge. Being the only girl in a class of about 20 men, I didn't figure they would have the patience to wait for me to run up the hill to the cabin to peel off that wet suit and get some relief. (only for it to last until I ran back down and jumped in the water again). And I'm betting, based on the website I researched, that all of those guys peed in their wetsuits, too! Because (just in case you don't feel like clicking on that link) divernet.com says that 50% of people pee in their wetsuits. And the other 50% LIE. So there! To me, that is proof I'm not alone. I read it, so it is true. Signed, Ivy: Admittedly a goober, but refusing to feel guilty about it :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Anocsanamun said...

Y do people always make a big deal about pissing in a wet suit?

7:06 PM  
Blogger Hale McKay said...

When you gotta go, you gotta go.Besides the outside of the wet suit gets wet.

9:31 PM  
Blogger FTS said...

I just read all of the posts on this page and have thoroughly laughed my head off. Welcome to my Rising Stars blogroll. :)

(I live in Dallas, too. Sorta.)

9:46 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Yeah right, some people go to extraordinary lengths to justify their actions!!

WV = furbfzii, I I think.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Bev Sykes said...

Not that I ever would think about renting a wet suit, but this clinched it.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Jona said...

Your reason makes perfect sense to me - but like bev above, ewwww, I'm never renting a wetsuit!

10:02 AM  
Blogger karla said...

Peeing in a wetsuit is not a crime. But peeing in your business suit, thereby making IT a wetsuit, is a crime.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would SOOOO pee in my wetsuit. I too have the bladder the size of a pea. I understand. Pat

3:39 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Karla's site is too funny.

Pat, Luv ya, girlie, don't be a stranger! I miss getting to work with you :)

10:14 PM  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

There's only two types of divers, those who pee in their wetsuits and those who lie about it. There's only two types of wetsuits, those that have been peed in and those that will be!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home