October 15, 2005

Ommmm...

Our yoga teacher made the class get in a funny position where we had to lie down on our backs with our legs thrown up and over us. My feet were behind my head, and my knees hugged my ears. The problem then, was that every one of my belly rolls came together to form one giant roll, which was right in my face! It’s hard to find calmness and serenity when you’re smothering in tummy fat.


My friends are all so relieved that I am wearing a helmet when I ride my motorcycle. Heck, people like me should! I sure wish I’d had it on the other day in yoga class. My instructor had me do this funny pose: I had to put both hands on the floor to the right of me, make a “shelf” with my upper arms for my right thigh to lean on. And then slowly lean to the right, raising my feet up off the floor. Let me tell you, I don’t care how much spinach I eat, or how much weight I can lift, my arms cannot support my body weight. I figured that out when my “shelf” collapsed and my head slammed into the floor!

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

You may need to curb your natural truthfulness Ivy now that you are sharing information with the world.
I'm just sayin'.....
wv = jtcptyv

6:29 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

What? Just exactly what are you getting at, Peter? Is it my belly flab? Or the fact that my arms just aren't that strong? :)

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home