October 24, 2005

Not Your Run Of The [Tread]Mill Drama Queen*

I used to have a personal trainer at the gym (who my husband described as a European male model - REALLY???? I hadn't noticed!) Anyway, the point is that this guy tried to kill me once or twice a week. I used to think it was because he cared so much that I get a really good workout and just wanted to "whip" me into shape. HA! I have since discovered that he carried an insurance policy on all of his clients. He can say all he wants that it was just for liability, but I couldn't sleep at night wondering if he was named as beneficiary.

Recently while training with him, I jumped off the treadmill after a grueling two and a half minutes - just in time to prevent a nasty heart attack. As I leaned forward to wipe my sweaty forehead on my arm (it was too great an effort to lift my arm up to my forehead – you know, being the one that loses control during heart failure) my trainer said the strangest thing to me. He said, "They have a name for people like you: DRAMA QUEEN". I don’t understand his lack of compassion. Surely if he were dying, he too would want everyone around to know it. Oh, and I’d like to thank The Academy…

*Oh, and a P.S. THANK YOU to
FTS for helping me think of a title for this post :) (shhhh, don't tell, but we were drinking wine together all evening)

11 Comments:

Blogger FTS said...

I can already hear the grapevines swinging as the rumor mill cranks up to full steam . . . ;-)

11:07 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

I leftcha a long and witty response before, won't repeat it in case b***ger spits it out later, funnier things have happened

6:51 AM  
Blogger poopie said...

Not to worry hon, he's got a thing going with Monty that'll burn brightly forever ;) Drama queen my tail. I'd backhand the pretty boy if he called me that!

8:38 AM  
Blogger bornfool said...

I dropped by via Hoss. I really enjoy your blog. I've bookmarked you. As Arnold says, "I'll be back." :)

10:13 AM  
Blogger MrsCoach2U said...

Nice Blog! I got here from my cousin Lora, she said she went to school with you but in your profile you say your 43. Lora says she's 34, one of you isn't telling the truth!!!!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Oh bless you for finding that transposition in my profile! Of COURSE we're BOTH 34!!!

2:08 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

A grueling TWO AND A HALF MINUTES? You are not going to be read for the marathon for, say, 60 years...

3:58 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Is that the left leg that's 34?????

4:03 PM  
Blogger jules said...

As Ivy's older sister, I must attest to her trainer's assertion that she is a drama queen. That's probably why our mom used to tell her to "die quietly" and ask my dad (when Ivy was 15) if it was "too late for an abortion?"
Drama queen, thy name is "Ivy"

4:53 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

And by older, she means OLD, REALLY old....

5:45 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

FTS: thanks, now I can't get those animated "heard it through the grapevine" claymation raisins outta my head.

Please, Peter, I want to hear the long and windy response. Email it if you have to: iversmith@aol.com

Hey, Poopie. I did better than a backhand - I fired him (eventually)!

Hi, Bornfool. I'm coming to see you - gotta read your stuff :)

Old Hoss... I did a marathon the year I turned 40. 26.2 MILES. I even did a triathlon :)

Dear Peter, My left leg is actually quite new. I got a replacement after that marathon, so it's only 3 years old ;)

Jules, Love ya, big sis. I'm having a ton of fun and it is cos you kept sending me blog sites.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home