October 15, 2005

My dad - 3rd from the Left

It's getting really close to what would have been my dad's 73rd Birthday. So I thought I would post a picture of him as a kid. At an age when you don't even think about dying. I'm sure he wasn't even thinking at the time of this picture that he would some day have a family. I doubt if it crossed his mind then that some day he would have a daughter who would love him, and miss him, and be forever grateful that she had such a great dad. And this same daughter would often kick her own rear for being an ungrateful little spoiled brat- also thinking he would live forever. Or at least not consider that he might die.

2 Comments:

Blogger jules said...

I miss him too!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Tono Rondone said...

My dad died when I was twenty seven. I considered myself lucky to have known him at all because he was sixty six when I was born. You do the math. I now live with my eighty four year old mom (more math)along with my seven month old baby girl (even more numerical contemplation), and my twin daughters are coming for Thanksgiving bringing my one and only grandson who's slightly older than his aunt. The point is family is precious and we don't all realize it or realize it in the same way, but you realize it, don't you? Each picture you post, each prayer you say to your loved ones, comes like a letter of light borne by an angel of light, and it reflects all the love in your heart. You've done well.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home