October 26, 2005

My Baby Girl

Look at this sweet, angelic face. Would you ever guess in a million years that a darling like that would have so little sympathy for her mother? The other day I was griping and complaining about my back pain (very loudly, I might add… I find it gets more attention). Here’s an actual word for word quote: (I only wish I had it on an audio file so you could hear it for yourselves)

ME: (whining pathetically) “Ohhhh, my back hurts SO badly! If I end up in a wheelchair, will you push me around?”
DARLING DAUGHTER: (deadpan and without a second’s hesitation) “Down some stairs.”


Why would I expect any different? This is the same child who, when placed in a playpen against her will at the age of 13 months old climbed out of it, picked it up over her head and threw it at me.

This is the same precious face that came to my bedside one night when she was about 6 years old mad at me for some reason. She leaned in toward me, pointed a finger at my nose and through clenched jaws, with eyes glaring, quietly warned me: “You have to go to sleep sometime.” I didn’t that night!

Enough of the silly stuff and on to the sappy: I love this girl more than you can ever imagine! And I'm not just saying that because I'm afraid of her. She’s the kind of daughter I should have been. The kind of person I would want for a friend. She’s held me in her arms when I was crying, yet she can also tell me when I need to can it. I love you, baby girl. Now go do your homework.

7 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Besides being good (now), she's also stunning. What great genes you got, kid.

3:09 PM  
Blogger poopie said...

Hey..I've got one of those kinda BabyGirls too. Wouldn't take a million bucks for her ;)

3:49 PM  
Blogger FTS said...

Gee, I wonder where she got that warped sense of humor...

6:26 PM  
Blogger jules said...

Oh man, I can SO hear her saying it!!! Way to go kiddo...the check's in the mail (it came out of your mama's account!)
Auntie Jules

7:18 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

"You have to go to sleep sometime" scary stuff from a 6 year old, she certainly is growing into a beauty though Susan, like her mum??????????

6:12 AM  
Blogger Jona said...

I tried to read this post out to my BH - but I'm laughing too hard to speak!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Hoss, thank you, I think she's stunning too!

Poopie, I wouldn't trade my baby girl for Hoss's pile.

FTS: see post below yours. She got it from her aunt Jules.

Peter: trust me, she was a scary girl.

Jona: I am glad you laughed, girl, I don't know how you do it with all those kiddos!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home