October 14, 2005

Kayak, Schmayak - I'm afraid of fish!

I have some fears that I guess some people might consider "unrealistic." For example, I have a huge fear that a fish will jump into the kayak while I'm in it. I mean it really gets my heart rate up when I'm out on the lake. If I see or hear a fish jump, it scares me to death. I promise you I will die if one jumps in with me. I was relating this fear to a co-worker once and he said matter-of-factly, "That's not going to happen" I asked how did he KNOW that. He said for me to think about it, that if fish just jumped into people’s boats, the bait shops would go out of business. Oh. That makes sense.

The age of a tree can be determined by counting the number of rings on the trunk. I wonder what you can determine by counting the white, un-tanned stripes across the stomach of a 40-year-old kayaker. (Other than the obvious fact that I’m too fat to be wearing a two-piece bathing suit.)

I remember when “Happy Hour” meant free hors d’oeuvres and two drinks for the price of one. My happy hours are very different these days. Any hour spent with my kids is happy, especially if we really talk. Any hour spent on my bicycle, in my hammock, or in my kayak is happy. An hour spent with my friends is happy, an hour of kickboxing class, an hour of writing, an hour of painting… well I could just go on and on.

You have not lived until you’ve tried windsurfing. That is the most fun I’ve had since I bought a motorcycle. And my fear of fish is great incentive to stay balanced on the board.

1 Comments:

Blogger Netpowersoft said...

You take pleasure in the most twisted things...

keep it up :)

Rachel McAdams

hey i am fully agree to what all you have written here ..
i am lovin this blog...
Jessica Alba

This is looking really nice stuff..
This is a cool stuff
:)
Charlize Theron

This is looking really nice stuff..
Well you win my heart..

Paris Hilton

i am lovin this blog...
This is a cool stuff
:)

Angelina Jolie


You take pleasure in the most twisted things...
keep it up :)

Pamela Anderson


hey i am fully agree to what all you have written here ..
i am lovin this blog...
Jessica Simpson


This is looking really nice stuff..
This is a cool stuff
:)
Lindsay Lohan


This is looking really nice stuff..
Well you win my heart..

Halle Berry


i am lovin this blog...
This is a cool stuff
:)

Josie Maran

You take pleasure in the most twisted things...
keep it up :)

Kate Winslet


i am lovin this blog...
Catherine Bell


This is looking really nice stuff..
This is a cool stuff
:)
Jodie Foster


This is looking really nice stuff..
Well you win my heart..

Adriana Lima


i am lovin this blog...
This is a cool stuff
:)

Rachel Bilson
http://tradealoan.com

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home