October 29, 2005

Halloween Dogs on the Brain

One of my tasks today included this request "Mom, please! Don't you have any dresses from when I was a baby??? All of my clothes are too big for Sara's dog!" Huh? What are we talking about here? Oh yeah, the Halloween Costume Contest at the pet store that my Baby Girl and her best friend are dressing up their pooches for. Well I have quite a lot of trouble when more than one thought is going through my mind at the same time. Actually my brain was "aswirl" (moving with a whirling motion) a word I thought I'd made up, but Trucker Bob told me it's been around quite awhile (he's right, it's in my 1973 dictionary) .

Anyway, if you're interested... I've had time to settle down as that was hours ago, and decided I would try to sort out all those thoughts. These are listed in no particular order, their ranking has no significance because, as I said, they were in a whirling motion.
  • Baby dresses, baby dresses, there used to be some but where?
  • How cute! How did they turn Crystal's tail pink?
  • Did I save any baby dresses or give them all away?
  • Oh look, Mitch's football helmet in the top of the closet! I should call him to come get that.
  • What kind of horrible mother am I that I didn't save any baby dresses?
  • What the heck is Iowa supposed to be? She looks like a hobo. (Oops, I said that one out loud. The answer was that our black lab was dressed as MeeMaw, Sara's grandmother)
  • I wonder if my mother saved any of my baby dresses...
  • Oh that's where I put my blue wind pants. I haven't seen those in ages!
  • I'm a horrible mother, I haven't even finished their baby books and one is grown and gone...
  • Oh, that dog is going to trip over those sleeves, they're too long!
  • Wonder if they'll fit me still. I love the swishy sound they make when I walk.
  • What was I looking for?
  • Is it too early to have a glass of wine?

The little dog ended up going with a pink bow on her head and a pink collar and tail. I think she was a naked Barbie. I couldn't even find the velvet dress to pull off the Christmas bunny we have somewhere.

7 Comments:

Blogger FTS said...

I'm voting for the vino. I have some Shirazx openb already. lol

7:19 PM  
Blogger jules said...

Since when has Barbie worn a pink ribbon on her tail? Oh yeah, I forgot your childhood!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

The ribbon was on her HEAD. Somehow they spray-painted her tail pink. With what I do not know!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Try the wine, a good "chateau cardboard" will do fine.
Ya gotta love country music, there's a song for every occasion, like, "It's 5 o'clock somewhere"

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TSB here

And FTS laughs at me when I find pie plates in the closet......

I can so relate to the things swirling in your head, it's amazing some days that I don't just walk away from every task at hand saying "what the hell am I doing"?

You make me laugh hysterically...keep up the good work!

5:00 AM  
Blogger aka_monty said...

It is NEVER too early to have a glass of wine. ;)

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home