October 27, 2005

Cowboy George

My cat, Cowboy George, has been keeping a very close eye on me lately. For example, I noticed that for the past two mornings he has been standing outside my shower watching me through the see-through curtain. Pervert. Right now you might be wondering to yourself, "Why does she have a clear shower curtain?" If so, I'll bet your next thought is: "Oh, she must be one of those people who never got over the movie Psycho." Actually, I never got over the early years of my marriage to a man who thought it was hilarious to dump freezing water on me when I was least expecting it. And maybe a touch of claustrophobia. But anyway, I have gotten way off track here from my original thought. Cowboy George was also watching my every move as I cleaned his litter box this morning. Something he's never done before. And that got me to thinking... "Wonder what he's thinking?" So I did a little research, and this lady, for $300 for a half hour session could probably tell me! Or I could make some guesses on my own for free.

Watching me in the shower, I can almost hear him thinking:
"Disgusting! She only bathes ONCE a day. Why, when I am not SLEEPING, I'm GROOMING! Sometimes I even clean myself to sleep! Hmmmpphhh"
or:
"What I wouldn't give to be able to get a pitcher of ice cold water right now and dump it on her..."

What about when I'm cleaning the litter box... what is running through his little kitty head? Maybe it's:
"Snap to it, woman! And don't you leave a single clump! Hmmmmpphhh"
or:
"Oh, SHE cleans that thing??? I was under the impression that the litter box fairy magically appears and does that every day... wait til I tell the kids there's no such thing!"

11 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Duh, what's not to like about the freezing water in the shower routine?

5:58 AM  
Blogger FTS said...

Okay, so what stunt did you pull that would cause him to dump cold water on you in the shower? See, I read your sister's post, and something tells me you're not completely innocent here. ;-)

7:57 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

My cat watches me clean the litter box, but he's just waiting until I'm done so he can go pee in the nice fresh litter. Can't keep it completely clean for 2 seconds with him around.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Trucker Bob said...

What did the cat do to you to cause you to call it "Cowboy George"? Must have been awful. ;-)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Huw said...

"She collects my poo? What a weirdo."

8:51 AM  
Blogger 365 said...

hehehe - I love cats, they are so "regal" and "uppety". I have two cats and one has the tendency to come and sit on the bathtubs edge whenever I take a bath and stare ( and it's a she!:|) And I should I DARE to close the door before she suanters in, I get ignore for the rest of the morning.

I found your blog via Bob. :)

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Monique said...

I really love your sense of humor. I added you to my blogroll. Will definitely be back again to read more of your escapades.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Freezing cold ice water... what a rude awakening !! I think I would have a clear shower curtain, too !! ;)

1:55 PM  
Blogger poopie said...

If you run across the litter box fairy, send her my way. I've got three of those boogers watchin' me scoop ;)

3:10 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

P.S. I am also the laundry fairy, and the feed the dog, cat and fish fairy.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home